The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) has released resources developed to help children, families, educators, and communities come together and process these recent mass shootings.
Resources are available in English and Spanish and include:
- Talking to Children about the Shooting
- Talking to Teens about Violence (En Español)
- Helping School-age Children with Traumatic Grief (En Español)
- After a Crisis: Helping Young Children Heal
- Age-Related Reactions to a Traumatic Event
- Psychological First Aid for Schools (PFA-S) – Field operations guide
- Coping with Stress Following a Mass Shooting
Additional resources can be found on the NCTSN website.
Call or text SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 (press “2” for Spanish) to be connected to a trained counselor.