CWLA is excited to be part of a national effort to register voters on September 22, 2020, also known as National Voter Registration Day. First celebrated in 2012, National Voter Registration Day has become a national holiday when thousands of organizations and volunteers organize to ensure our family, friends, and neighbors are registered to vote and ready to cast a ballot. As a nonpartisan holiday celebrated by a diverse coalition of organizations and individuals across sectors and the country, National Voter Registration Day is the perfect opportunity to get involved no matter what party you support or which issues matter most to you. We invite you to register to vote and learn more at NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org and use
on social media to spread the word. Here are some practical ways you can get involved:
- Register to vote on September 22
- Help your friends and family get registered to vote.
- Share National Voter Registration Day posts on social media.
- Follow CWLA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for important voting reminders leading up to Election Day 2020
- Encourage your organization to participate in National Voter Registration Day.
Children cannot vote in the election, so we must use our votes to be their voices. This election is not only for President, but there are also Senate and House seats up for election in some areas, which can influence important child welfare policies. We are excited to join thousands of groups and organizations across America for this important national holiday, and we hope our members choose to participate in a day to prepare to exercise the right to vote.