The Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities (CECANF), will hold a meeting open to the public on Monday, January 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday, January 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (MST) at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, 340 North 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004. Individuals interested in attending the meeting in person or via webinar and teleconference must register in advance. Registration is required for each of the days you participate. The Commission members will meet to discuss their understanding of the issues of defining and counting child abuse and neglect fatalities and recommendations for addressing them, including:
- What is the scope of child abuse and neglect fatalities?
- What are the purposes of counting child abuse and neglect fatalities?
- What data on child abuse and neglect fatalities are currently collected?
- What are the limitations of our current data collection efforts?
- What strategies could be implemented to improve the counting of child abuse and neglect fatalities?
- Do definitions of child abuse and neglect fatalities need to be standardized? Commission members will discuss the work plans of the six Commission subcommittees and the information that they have obtained to date. Members of the public may submit comments identified by “Notice-CECANF-2014-07,” by either of the following: Regulations.gov: https://www.regulations.gov
- Visit the CECANF website for more information.
- Submit comments via the federal eRulemaking portal by searching for “Notice-CECANF-2014-07.” Select the link “Comment Now” that corresponds with “Notice-CECANF-2014-07.” Follow the instructions provided onscreen. Please include your name, organization name (if any), and “Notice-CECANF-2014-07” on your attached document. Or by mail at U.S. General Services Administration, 1800 F Street, NW, Room 7003D, Washington, DC 20405 Attn: Tom Hodnett (CD) for CECANF