Become a Member

Make children and families a national priority.

Become a Member

Suspected case of Child Abuse or Neglect?
  1. IF IT IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT. They can ensure the immediate safety of a child and get medical attention if needed.
  2. Call your state or local child abuse hotline. Click here to find your state child welfare agency.
  3. If you are unsure how to report, contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline or 1-800-4-A-CHILD for more information about how to report in your community.
  4. If you want to report an Internet concern, contact the Cyber Tip Line.


  • Suspicion of abuse is all that is necessary to file a report;
  • Your information can be given anonymously; and
  • You will be asked to describe your concerns about the child and it will be helpful if you can provide: the child’s name, age, address, gender, school attended (if possible), and names of parents.
Interested in becoming a Foster Parent?
Need support to care for a relative’s child/children (Kinship Care)?
Looking for support and information on Parenting?
Foster Care Youth needing resources?
Looking for information on Child Care?
Interested in Adoption?
Looking for information on Starting a Child Welfare Agency, nonprofit, residential home, etc.?
Need help with a Personal situation?
Baby Abandonment

1-888-510-BABY (2229)

Child Abuse or Neglect
Child Custody
Child Sexual Exploitation/Missing Children
Child Welfare Complaints
Children Home Alone
Children with Special Needs
Domestic Violence
Family Support
Housing & Homelessness
Human Trafficking
International Parental Child Abduction
Legal Help
LGBTQ/Sexual Orientation
Mental Health
Mediation/Conflict Resolution
Parent Support
Respite for Caregivers
Runaway Youth
Sexual Abuse
Substance Abuse
Suicide Prevention
Victims of Crime