Position Title: Editor and Social Media Coordinator
Posted Date: 8/12/2011 3:06:21 PM
The Child Welfare League of America, a nonprofit organization located in downtown Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time editor and social media coordinator for its publications department. The person in this position will:
- Assist with Children's Voice magazine. This includes reporting and writing feature articles and columns; collaborating with other staff, interns, and freelancers to rework their stories for Voice style and audience expectations; and proofreading each issue.
- Manage CWLA’s social media accounts. This includes maintaining an active presence on Facebook and Twitter; enhancing CWLA’s presence on other networking sites, including LinkedIn and YouTube; and evaluating metrics of online engagement.
Serve as project lead for assigned book projects. This includes completing all aspects of editing; working with authors to ensure required permissions are obtained and queries are answered in a timely fashion; working with staff to develop a production schedule and achievable deadlines; and writing cover text and marketing copy.
Write and copyedit for various in-house publications, e-newsletters, and CWLA’s website.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style; knowledge of APA style a plus.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with InDesign or Final Cut Pro a plus. Ability to do internet research.
- Macintosh experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- BA in journalism, English, or related field.
- 2-4 years of book, magazine, or journal editing experience.
- Experience leading social media efforts.
- Experience in public policy or human services a plus.
Cover Letter Required?: Yes
Resumé Required?: Yes
Application Required?: Yes
Send resume, cover letter, and three published writing samples to Stephanie Schanck, HR Manager at email@example.com
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us