Position Title: Director, National Resource Center Child Welfare Data and Technology
Posted Date: 7/14/2011 9:57:56 AM
This person will lead the NRC for Child Welfare Data and Technology. This NRC is funded by the Dept of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children’s Bureau, and is administered by CWLA. This position will lead the NRC in efforts to provide technical assistance to states, tribes, and courts on a wide range of data and technology issues including: using and analyzing data to inform practice, policy, and decision-making; information systems; the federal data sets- NCANDS, AFCARS, and NYTD; making and sustaining systemic change; and uses of new technology in child welfare. This person will work collaboratively with the partners within the NRC, within the Children’s Bureau’s Training & Technical Assistance(T/TA) Network and within CWLA. Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include: providing vision and leadership; coordinating with the Children’s Bureau, the states, tribes and courts, the T/TA Network and CWLA; making presentations; and managing the priorities, budget, staff and resources of the NRC.
• Knowledge of child welfare practice and child welfare systems, including child welfare data and information systems.
• Presentation skills.
• Ability to organize and direct large scale work projects.
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of theories of change and making systemic change, preferably implementation science and adaptive leadership.
• Must be flexible.
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis.
“Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Education and Experience:
• Masters level degree or higher, preferably in Social Work or a related field.
• Experience in child welfare, preferably in a public agency at the Federal or State level.
• Experience in designing and/or implementing a child welfare information system or analyzing and using child welfare data.
• A minimum of five years management experience (could include project management).
Cover Letter Required?: Yes
Resumé Required?: Yes
Application Required?: Yes
1726 M St, NW Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036-4522
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us