- Visit CWLA online and sign onto CWLA's call for a White House Conference on Children and Youth.
- When authorizing legislation is introduced, support it. (Authorizing legislation would designate funding, create a policy committee, establish a bipartisan appointment and planning process, and define the goals of the next conference.)
- Write and call your members of Congress. Call Capitol Hill at 202/224-3121.
- Urge your board to adopt a resolution of support that calls on Congress to authorize the conference.
- Get your local leaders, mayors, commissions, and state legislators to voice their support for the call.
- Attend Advocacy Day on February 26 during CWLA's National Conference in Washington, DC.
Subscribe to Children's Voice Magazine
Return to Table of Contents for this issue.
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page