What Is a Parenting-Rich Community?
Parenting-rich communities are those where parents have the internal and external resources necessary to support the optimal development of all children at every stage of life.
- Knowledge about normal child development
- Opportunities to learn effective parenting skills
- Awareness of how one's past influences one's parenting
- Decision-making and advocacy abilities
How Can You Help the Creating Parenting-Rich Communities Initiative?
You can add to the wisdom of the CPRC project by
letting CWLA know about your local efforts to support parents as they raise children from birth through young adulthood;
sharing program model information that will allow other communities to replicate effective interventions; and
sending CWLA descriptions of family traditions and cultural practices that support parents and parenting.
Visit www.cwla.org/parenting/parentingrich.htm, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Basics: good food, housing, and education
- Child care and recreation for kids of all ages
- Informed and responsive decision-makers
Subscribe to Children's Voice Magazine
Return to Table of Contents for this issue.
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page