House of Representatives has passed HR 4980, the “Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act.’ The legislation will reauthorize the Adoption Incentive Fund for three years and extend it to guardianship placements. It will also extend the Family Connections Grants by one year through this current fiscal year of 2014. The bill also limits the use of APPLA, adds provisions to address sex trafficking, and promotes “normalcy” for youth in residential group care.
- HHS Releases 2011 and 2012 Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Reports
- President Announces Child Care Initiative To Build On Child Care Credit
- Education and the Workforce Committee Begins Head Start Discussion
- CWLA Statement on 2015 State of the Union Address
- CWLA Policy Statement: Juvenile Shackling