House of Representatives has passed HR 4980, the “Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act.’ The legislation will reauthorize the Adoption Incentive Fund for three years and extend it to guardianship placements. It will also extend the Family Connections Grants by one year through this current fiscal year of 2014. The bill also limits the use of APPLA, adds provisions to address sex trafficking, and promotes “normalcy” for youth in residential group care.
- Commissioner Chang Leaving As Head of Children’s Bureau
- HHS Proposes Changes to SACWIS-Child Welfare Information Systems
- Rafael Lopez New Head of Administration on Children, Youth and Families
- Wyden Bill: S 1964 As Good For Child Welfare As It Was For Civil Rights?
- Hatch Planning Fall Finance Committee Mark-up Of Child Welfare Bill