House of Representatives has passed HR 4980, the “Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act.’ The legislation will reauthorize the Adoption Incentive Fund for three years and extend it to guardianship placements. It will also extend the Family Connections Grants by one year through this current fiscal year of 2014. The bill also limits the use of APPLA, adds provisions to address sex trafficking, and promotes “normalcy” for youth in residential group care.
- House and Senate Pass Budget Resolutions, To Negotiate Differences
- Social Services Block Grant Letter Open for More Signatures
- HHS Announces Pulling Of CAPTA Regulations
- Doc Fix Would Extend Home Visiting, CHIP, Medicaid TMA, Teen Pregnancy
- HHS Seeks Comments on Financial Forms Including Adoption Savings