Legislation is always changing and evolving. To help you stay on top of what is going on, both locally and nationally, we have compiled this list of legislative resources.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, Alerts and Legislative Updates
- Connect for Kids
A project of the Benton Foundation, Connect for Kids offers a public forum on the Internet for adults, parents, grandparents, educators, policymakers, and others who want to make their communities work for kids.
- Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
Testimony and position statements
- Mental Health Liaison Group, Issue Statements
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Public Policy Home Page
The nation's largest consumer and family member organization, NAMI sets its public policy agenda in response to its more than 210,000 grassroots members. NAMI's public policy department works primarily at the national level with the White House, key members of Congress and their staffs, and federal agencies.
- National Center for Policy Analysis (federal, state, and workplace issues)
NCPA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy research organization, established in 1983. Its goal is to develop and promote private alternatives to government regulation and control, solving problems by relying on the strength of the competitive, entrepreneurial private sector.
- National Collaboration for Youth
NCY is a coalition of member organizations of the National Assembly of Health and Human Service Organizations that have a significant interest in youth development. With more than 40 national, nonprofit, youth development organizations as members, NCY's mission is to provide a united voice as advocates for youth to improve the conditions of young people in the United States and to help them reach their full potential.
- National Mental Health Association, Advocacy Page
Federal, state, and local information
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us