Funding for Adoption
The Child Welfare League of America does not have a loan or grant program for adoption. The only information we have concerning assistance is as follows:
Best of Luck!
- The National Adoption Foundation, the country's only national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial support, information, and services for adoptive and prospective adoptive families, has recently expanded their programs to include home equity loans, as well as unsecured loans and grants for adoption expenses. There is also a limited grant program. For information, or to request a brochure, call 203/791-3811 or write National Adoption Foundation, 100 Mill Plain Road, Danbury CT 06811. Fax: 203/791-3801.
- A Child Waits Foundation A Child Waits Foundation is a nonprofit charitable foundation that provides low-interest loans for international adoption to qualified prospective parents who might otherwise not be able to adopt due to financial constraints. For forms and additional information, visit the foundation's website at http://www.achildwaits.org, or contact A Child Waits Foundation, 1136 Barker Road, Pittsfield MA 01201; 866/999-2445 (toll free), 518/794-6243 (fax).
- The JSW Adoption Foundation is a private foundation established to assist the potential adoptive parents by providing cash grants to subsidize a portion of the adoption expenses. Grants are awarded from $2,000 and up. Preference is given to childless applicants and those who are experiencing extraordinary hardship and financial need. For further information, contact the JSW Adoption Foundation at 127 East Main Street, Suite 5, Port Washington, WI, 53074, 262/268-1386, or view their website at http://www.jsw-adoption.org.
- The Waiting Child Loan Fund offers no-interest loans up to $5,000, repayable over three years for families adopting through WACAP. They may be contacted at P.O. Box 88948, Seattle, WA, 98138, 206/575-4550, email@example.com, or view their website at http://www.wacap.org.
- Opt to Adopt is a non-profit foundation set up by MAPS International, an adoption agency. They may be reached at 207/775-4101.
- The Adoption Guide, may have information about where to look for help, what subsidies are available, and where loans and grants may be found.
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us