Public Agency Accreditation Support Services
CWLA's National Center for Field Consultation (NCFC) offers a basic
assessment and four additional optional modules to help public agencies in
assess their readiness to pursue COA Accreditation. In addition to the basic
assessment, which serves as the foundation for providing an accurate readiness
assessment, additional readiness assessment services are also offered to
agencies seeking a more in-depth assessment.
Basic: The Basic Assessment is a Two-Step Process
- The agency's senior management completes role-specific questionnaires and
provides requested materials to the NCFC consultant. Public agencies should
allow themselves at least four weeks to receive, complete, and return the questionnaires.
- A two-member NCFC consultant team arrives on site for a minimum of two
days. During the site visit one NCFC consultant conducts a set of interviews
with the senior staff members who previously completed the role specific
questionnaires. The second NCFC consultant spends the first day conducting
a single facilities review (strongly recommended for shelters, camps, residential,
child care, other out-of-home care programs, and day treatment
providers), and reviews five cases representative of the services offered.
During the second day, the second consultant interviews selected direct service
and supervisory staff who had not previously completed questionnaires
and collaborates in preparation of the on-site report and exit meeting.
In addition to an exit meeting at the end of the on-site visit, a written report
will be issued to the agency.
Optional Readiness Assessment Services
- Facilities Review: For an agency that wants to include additional facilities
review (strongly recommended for shelters, camps, residential, child care,
other out-of-home care facilities, and day treatment programs) one half day
is required for reviewing each facility. A facilities review includes a physical
facility review and limited staff interviews.
- Case Review: Some agencies find it helpful to have a more extensive review of
current case files. This requires one additional consultant day per 10 cases
- Service Review: If an agency wants a program-specific review including a
review of 10 cases of that program, a review of program procedures and interviews
with program staff, this requires two days per service being reviewed.
In addition, NCFC offers a range of content-specific consultations as well as
designs customized consultations to best meet an agency's needs. The following
is a partial list of content-specific consultations NCFC is frequently asked
For more information contact the NCFC Intake and Project Development
Manager at 978/365-5068 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Introduction to the COA Process (half or full day)
- Strategic Planning
- Development of CQI system
- Role of the Board in Accreditation
- Policy Development
- Cultural Competency Assessment and Planning
- Development of Personnel Functions including interview protocols, evaluation systems, and design of training systems
- Outcomes Management
- Case Review and Documentation Protocols
- Program Design & Procedures Development Consultation
- Risk Management
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us