Private Agency Accreditation Support Services
CWLA's National Center for Field Consultation (NCFC) offers a basic COA
readiness assessment as well as additional services to help agencies pursuing
COA Accreditation. In addition to the basic assessment, which serves as the
foundation for providing an accurate readiness assessment, additional readiness
assessment services are offered for agencies seeking a more in-depth
Basic COA Readiness Assessment
The basic assessment is a two-step process:
- The agency's senior management completes role-specific questionnaires and
provides requested material to the NCFC consultant at least four weeks prior
to a visit. Agencies should allow themselves four weeks to receive, complete
and return the questionnaires.
- An NCFC consultant arrives on-site for two days to conduct a set of interviews
with the senior staff that completed the pre-site questionnaires. The
consultant prepares a handwritten on-site report that will be reviewed at the
exit interview the afternoon of day two.
Optional Readiness Assessment Services
- Facilities Review: For an agency that wants to include a facilities review
(strongly recommended for shelters, camps, residential, child care, other
out-of-home care facilities and day treatment programs) one additional half
day allows for reviewing one facility beyond the primary offices. Additional
time will be required if an agency has multiple facilities they want reviewed. A
facilities review includes a physical facility review and limited staff interviews.
- Case Review: Some agencies find it helpful to have a review of current case
files. This requires one additional consultant day on-site. This additional
time permits a review of a sample of cases representative of all services offered.
If an agency wants additional cases reviewed, then additional time would be
- Service Review: If an agency wants a program-specific review including a
review of case records, review of program procedures and interviews with program
staff, this requires two days per service being reviewed per site.
- Formal Report of Readiness: If an agency wants a formal written report in
addition to the on-site exit report one additional day of consultation is
In addition, NCFC offers a range of content specific consultations as well as
design-customized consultations to best meet an agency's needs. The following
is a partial list of content-specific consultations NCFC is frequently asked
For optional and additional assessment services the costs are determined by the scope of the work.
- Introduction to the COA Process (half or full day)
- Role of the Board in Accreditation
- Strategic Planning
- Outcomes Development/ Management
- Cultural Competency Assessment and Planning
- Program Design & Procedures Development Consultation
- Case Review and Documentation Protocols
- Development of Personnel Functions including interview protocols, evaluation systems, and design of training systems
- Policy Development
- Risk Management
- Development of CQI system
Cooperative COA Training
NCFC can also provide consultation, technical assistance, and/or training
regarding accreditation for groups of agencies in a specific area. For more
information contact the NCFC Intake and Project Development Manager at
978/365-5068 or e-mail email@example.com.
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us