CWLA's Youth Award
In recognition of our national commitment to the success, achievement, safety, and well-being of every vulnerable child who has ever touched the child welfare system across the continuum, CWLA will present a new Youth Award during the 2011 National Conference, The State of Children and Families: Building an Effective National Voice. The award recognizes the achievement and service of youth currently engaged with or recently transitioned out of the child welfare system. The goal of this award is to provide CWLA and its member agencies the opportunity to hear first-hand the youths' perspective as to current best practices that support their successful journey through the system. Nominations are accepted from CWLA member agencies and the general public.
Nominations for the 2011 awards are being accepted through September 24, 2010. Electronic submissions are strongly preferred, and can be sent to Cassaundra Rainey, 718-828-0300, ext. 298.
The CWLA Youth Award will be awarded to a youth who:
- is currently engaged with the child welfare system anywhere or at any level within the continuum, or has transitioned out with the last four (4) years;
- demonstrates academic achievement;
- demonstrates outstanding service and leadership to his or her community;
- demonstrates support and mentoring to peers; and
- is actively engaged with a vision and plan for his or her future.
Back to Top Printer-friendly Page Contact Us